Sunday 15 April 2012

Pond Life

A great start to the weekend - I made Friday night a quilting night.



Managed to sew most of the hearts onto my boarder, with just two corners to complete.  I feel so much better in myself now I can find a bit more time to 'craft'.

The weekend weather was suppose to be wet and cold, so I had planned a part spring clean in our bedroom should Saturday be a wash out, or continuation of the garden should the sun be out to play.  Guess which one it was...


Well to be fair I got to do both.  The afternoon weather was much better than the weatherman has predicted - good old weatherman!.  Bedroom spring clean in the morning and afternoon in the garden - sorting out the pond.

I can state a fact here, I absolutely  hate cleaning the fish filters - thank goodness I generally only have to complete this task once every few months.  With new filters with easy reach....


The filter was opened ..... with a great deal of grunting and groaning .. and eventually a kitchen knife to prise it open!




Pile after pile of blanket weed removed....


A surprising amount of pond life came away with the blanket weed this year...



This little site here, tells you about my little friends above.  http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/pond/

Sunday was far nicer than expected so another day in the garden - finishing the pond and some more work on the veg patch.

Pond plants, cut back, cleaned out and put back....


A check on the other plants....


 Garden 01 15.4.12     Garden 02 15.4.12     Garden 03 15.4.12   

 Garden 04 15.4.12    Garden 05 15.4.12

I have to say I'm a dab hand at growing those yellow ones!!!

I have, however,  discovered a problem ... someones been munching on my sunflowers.  If I ever catch the little tike there is going to be trouble.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment