Sunday 22 April 2012

A Grand Day Out

Visitors at the BH again this weekend.  My Mum and Dad this time - they arrived Thursday - having waited so patently for our work to be completed.  We have had such appalling weather this week I didn't hold  much hope of getting out and about Sunday with my parents, so arrived armed with DVD's and my sewing!

But whoopee... sunshine greeted us Sunday morning - so after a quick breakfast, off we went into Littlehampton, equipped with walking shoes and rain mac's!

We headed off for a 'breezy' walk along Littlehampton front - heading away from Littlehampton and towards Rustington  - introducing my parents to the country's longest bench...




I was most surprised at the number of people out and about - most I suspect taking advantage of the dry weather as we were!

Yatchs were out in the sea -




Colour everywhere....




After lunch, with the sun still shining and the wind still blowing - we walked the other way along the front - heading back into town.. 

Boats a bobbing ...




Swans enjoying the extra attention...



Dad got lucky with a large dollop of bird poo on his trousers - mmmmm must remind him to get a lottery ticket this week!!!




Recipes a plenty for those lucky enough to catch anything (apart from the bird poo of course!)






And just to round the day off nicely D was able to view a small gathering of Morris Minors - just love the colours - not all original I suspect but fantastic all the same.





All in all an unexpected grand day out!

No comments:

Post a Comment