Tuesday 17 April 2012

Half Day Holiday

I took a half day Monday and made an appointment with Dyno Rod to come and look at the pipework we had exposed.  I decided, that although it was half a day from my holiday time, I could not just 'quilt' during the afternoon.  So I made a compromise with myself,  yes I did actually have a good chat with myself,  complete one chore that had been on my list for far too long and then the afternoon was mine.

Cleaning the Oven, was my chosen chore. Mmmmmm just love this job - probably why I haven't done it in such a looooooooong time!!  I am really embarrassed at the state of the oven and was not going to post the pictures but why not, it may encourage me to keep it clean.  Still needs a little work but certainly the hard work has been done!
Before




After




I then went on to complete the backing of pink quilt, and sandwich together - Mmmmmmm now I DO love
THAT job!!


I absolutely love the boarder and cannot wait to start the quilting.




The Dyno Rod guy was very good - although the conversation did boil down to the fact we may never find the problem causing our crack.  He did express his concerns over next door's washing machine connected to their down pipe and soak away but suggested that without digging up their patio and garden we would never know.  He suggested that we fill the crack and keep a close eye!  More discussion between D and I, I think!!


No comments:

Post a Comment