Monday 9 April 2012

Game of two halves .... Second Half

D and I made a decision when we purchased the BH that we would need to furnish and decorate as cheap as we could - and I think we have been very successful at doing that - some of the items were left at the house when we exchanged contracts - most other bits have come from charity shops and the rest from car boots.  But when I saw this I could not resist!!



Doesn't it look fab!!  My new table cloth.

We woke fairly late Sunday morning - eating breakfast (at our table - on our new cloth!) we decided to finish emptying the remaining cardboard boxes and put the rest of the kitchen stuff away!  We needed a little extra help mid afternoon...



Late afternoon was just beautiful - a really nice evening so we jumped on our bikes (well D jumped - I kinda swing my leg over a rolled away slowly!) and headed to the beach.




It feels sooooo long since we have done this - we headed right down to the end of the beach - there is a kind of path which is suitable for biking - so long as you're careful with the stones - and we headed to the end of the sea defences. 

The tide was going out and left some great looking wet rocks -






I could spend all day exploring the rocks - The water was bubbling from underneath and creating some wonderful rock pools...


We headed back along the beach at around six ish - D, off with a sprint before I'd even got on my bike!!




We tested our new lights in the garden after dark ... not warm enough yet to sit out and enjoy - even with a coat and a quilt... maybe in a couple of weeks.




Monday was just awful - rain, rain and more rain, and some very heavy rain thrown in for good measure.  We went back to bed with a cup of tea and decided that a DVD day was in order, maybe a wash of the floors and a test of the washing machine and dishwasher to check all was OK.

We did the floors first - stuck some sheets in the washing machine and then made ourselves comfy on the sofa with a cup of tea, some shortbread biscuits and Sons of Anarchy (Yep.... reading that sentence back not sure now if a cup of tea and a shortbread biscuit really goes with the Sons of Anarchy DVD!!!)




I got my sewing out that I did on Saturday and did some cutting out - and that where we stayed for most of the day..... Bliss!!

1 comment:

  1. If I bring my rotary cutter next time I visit can we make a table cloth of 2 halves - one half each?
    ;)

    ReplyDelete