Sunday 29 April 2012

My Name is Carole and I'm a Quiltaholic.....

A fab weekend.  Quilting all day Saturday - and quilting birthdays to celebrate - always such a joy!  And rain AGAIN today (Sunday) - meaning quilting all day today too!!!!! (Yes OK ..... I should consider cleaning something at some point!).  Can there be such a thing as to too much quilting?  NEVER!!!  Can there be such a thing as not enough time to quilt - ALWAYS!!!

A late, Friday night baking session started my weekend.  I should have been attending HW husband's gig in Kingston (Tinyfish)  but two customers arriving at 5.50pm Friday evening meant a late finish for me and an even later finish for D - that's the downside to owning your own business - sometimes you cannot walk away - even when you have plans. 

However, on the plus side, it gave me the chance to make the base of my trifle for Saturday quilt meeting.  Madeira cake.  Of course I had to test a small slice on the removal from the oven to just make sure it was suitable for the QQ!


An early start Saturday to pull together the trifles ....I hope they taste as good as they look! 


We have three birthdays in April, within the QQ group.  In total I have about ten birthdays during April - my busiest month for present buying (other than Christmas!).  I had fully intended to make their gifts again this year but as usual time went too quickly for me so I hit the internet and came up with this little lot.  I was once told you should never give a present that you wouldn't like to receive yourself.  I would be sooooo happy to receive these!!!  I hope the girls like!!


Saturday's meeting also had the extra excitement of being held at a new venue.  We all met at HW and made our way over to Fulham to visit EL.  I was surprise at how short the journey was, the only delay was really the traffic.  EL has an amazing house - a light and airy living room looking out into their small but perfectly formed garden - it was just made for quilting.  Glad we were indoors mind as it did not stop raining all day - full details on our day at QQ.

Sunday morning was nearly a non starter.  I lay in bed listening to the rain and wind lashing against the bedroom window. I gave up entirely at that point on getting into the garden.  I complied a small list of chores that had to be done with the intention of then quilting for the rest of the day.  D then kindly suggested that instead of quilting I should really tidy my sewing room.....

in fact if I was going to tidy it why not take the opportunity to spring clean that room ......

and while I was at it, did we want to move the furniture around!! 

In one quick conversation I saw my quilting time disappear!!!!  But it needed to be done - and sometimes there is no time like the present.  So everything was moved out.... is there ever such a thing as too much stuff.....yep there really is no need to answer that!


Furniture moved - dusted - hoovered.  Furniture moved to another part of the room, moved again and again and then finally moved back to were it was to begin with!!!  Don't you just love that!


And everything put back, put away and sorted.


And would you believe....I found my wonderful turquoise scissor.....lost/misplaced about six months ago.  I hunted high and low looking for my faithful friends but I thought I had lost them forever.  I did actually squeeeal with delight when I opened the tin and saw what was inside. 


And a final note: My weekend flowers - brings a smile to my face every time I look at them!


No comments:

Post a Comment