Friday 20 April 2012

Lavender Girls


Friday I had the pleasure in attending a local quilting event at my local library - arranged by the Lavender Girls and Scola Quilters

I started my quilting life as a Scola quilter back in 2004 (I think), as did many of my quilting friends.  A few now attend the Lavender Girls group.  I have to say I really didn't know what to expect from this exhibition but was determine to attend to show my support. 

CD - part of the QQ and Lavender Girls had entered a quilt under the Myths and Legends section


My Scola tutor had also entered a quilt under the same section - great colours - you can see were my inspiration for using colours came from!


And another ex-scola quilter SW had entered her interpretation within the Myths and Legends section


Other items had also been exhibited - which, I felt, was excellent representation of patchwork and quilting as a acheiveable hobby - sometime the thought of completing a king size bed cover can be a bit daunting!




I know all those involved work very hard in organising this exhibition - both in terms of the actual quilts made to exhibit and the organising behind the exhibition - so well done - and excellent display. 

No comments:

Post a Comment