Saturday 7 April 2012

Game of two halves ..... first half

Well it's been a busy week again...but I have managed to fit in a couple of evenings quilting.  The first evening I managed to get my final boarder onto my pink little girls quilt.




Which meant Wednesday evening I was able to start designing the boarder while at my weekly quilting evening with HW.



It is also the Easter break - four whole days of doing my thing - D has to work Saturdays - so it was decided we would have the first half of the break - Friday and Saturday - at WR and then off to the BH for Sat night, Sunday and Monday - the second half .  Two short working weeks (always a bonus).

Good Friday allowed us to continue with the veg patch - a good dig over and a good weed in the morning meant we were able to get the raised bed down Friday afternoon!





Looks sooooo good! Can't wait to fill and start planting - many of the seeds planted in March are more than ready to be transferred into the ground - just need it to warm up at night so they are not hit by the frost.  The second set of seed - mainly flowers are going great guns - all but a few have poked their heads up to say hello.



Saturday was pretty miserable, so glad we decided on the garden yesterday.  So with my list of chores off I went....all the usual, bathroom, washing, ironing, hoover etc etc - and so the list goes on!!  Spicy Chicken and Bean Stew was made for Saturday tea and the rest made it into the freezer for a couple of meals later. 



Also managed to sew round one length of my boarder...

Great day - so much achieved.  Off to the BH.


1 comment:

  1. Wow....busy busy busy...loving the raised bed too
    hope you get a rest soon xH :)

    ReplyDelete