Tuesday 1 October 2013

Yarndale Workshop: Dyeing to have Fun

I think this was one of the most fascinating workshops I have completed.  Just two hours but has left me wanting to do more but with so many unanswered questions!

When I booked it - I did get the impression from the description we would be dying thread and wool.  Wool that had already been processed and spun into skeins .....

Jaki Bogg will guide you through some simple dyeing techniques. A Plain hank of hand spun yarn will be transformed into beautiful and satisfying space dyed skeins, ready to take home and fix for use in future projects. 

However, when I opened the bag...



Merino, Fleece, Carded Wool, Wool Thread, and thread already knitted.......


A very big difference in how the different formats of wool took the dye - or in some cases did not take the dye at all.





And the results......






Note to oneself - don't place the dyed fleeces on kitchen towel to dry!




No comments:

Post a Comment