Wednesday 9 March 2016

Baby C2C Blanket

Started around November time last year (I think), a small baby blanket in two charity shop balls of wool.  One fleck white and fleck blue with 100g of each.  Having previously made a small blanket using 200g of white wool in the C2C method I thought this would make great use of the wool. However, my calculations were completely off with this one and ended up with no blue left but a fair amount of white.  


With a whole corner still to complete.  Frustrating - must remember to weigh all wool before starting a project!!


So having put back in the cupboard for a few weeks until I could decided what to do - should I wait to find more of the same, could I search the internet for an odd ball. I asked the other QQ's in case they had a similar wool. CD offered a similar wool but with a yellow fleck - very nice it was too. In the end I decided to take the blanket back to just before the half point and use plain white to fill the gap!


Ta Dah.....



And instead of making the pile for charity, the blanket found a new home with HT for Baby S. Happiness is a small one wrapped in a home made blanket!

1 comment:

  1. who says blankets have to be perfectly square? ;)

    ReplyDelete