Thursday 10 March 2016

Cheam Camera Club: Colour Print

Our final round in the Colour Prints. Final Round!!!

Morning Calm. Taken the morning after Misty Morning and Out of Season, entered into the mono print and PDI  round a couple of weeks ago. Who would believe this is 24 hours later.  I love nothing more than being on the beach all by myself - especially if it not raining and there is a little colour in the sky! Judges comments: Reflections of the light on the wet sand-good, liked the wet sand. Maybe overdid the slow shutter speed a bit. Questioned if the sky should have been removed. Score: 9


Dandelion Head: A little different than the normal dandelion images I have seen.  I have entered this because it is different.  I have had on my pile of printed images all season and always rejected it. However,  I love the detail in the image.  I'll be interested to see what the judge has to say on how it could be improved.  The improvement I can see are the bright areas of the two steams, near central to the image. Not focused stacked - although I prefer the softness to the outer image. Let see if he agrees. Judges comments: Very much liked the softness round the edges - as the dandelion head should be. Likes the colour throughout - nothing there that shouldn't beScore: 10


Once again really surprised.  I had put the dandelion head at 8 at the best, so really pleased with 10 but mostly surprised!!!  There were several other images in my group last night, that I thought, were much more deserving of a 10 than this one, so once again it just goes to show you, you just don't know what the judge it going to like on the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment