Wednesday 17 February 2016

Cheam Camera Club: PDI

Round 4. Two more PDI competitions to go this season.  Need to up my game with these images!!

Out of Season: Taken a couple of weeks ago. I have not been out properly with the camera for some time.  Things just keep getting the way.  I decided I was going out, no matter what, for sunrise the other weekend, and this is what I got!!!! You could only see a few feet in front of you - definitely no sunrise to be seen!! However, very happy with the results - I love the mist in this image.  Lots of rain on the lens. I really do think this image says everything about the seaside when out of season.  And once again I think I love the coast just that little bit more than before! Another misty image coming next week for the third mono print competition. Wonder if I should have cloned out the bin! Judges Comments: ? Score: 9


Penmon Point and Puffin Island, Wales: Taken in July on that infamous trip! Trying to capture the Milky Way but just too cloudy. Just got this one in before the rain started.  This image make me feel very calm!  Judges Comments: ?   Score: 8


All of the above is written in advance of the competition night, When I enter the images I place my images with blurb, and my expected score (a little game I play with myself!) in a draft post and then fill in the judges score and comments the day after.  Well tonight my images were 'mislaid' and never made it to the big screen.  Mine and another members images were 'filed' in the wrong directory.  The chairman took the decision to show the judge the images on a tablet. Small screen which compressed the image and colours.  The judge marked the images in isolation, with no comments.  I approached the judge at the end for feed back - this for me is the most important part of showing my images - how else can I improve if I don't get feedback.  Anyway, Out of Season - good leading lines. Wales - too much negative space. Not really the depth of feed back I'd hoped for and a lot less than every other member.  Hay ho.... never mind another competition next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment