Tuesday 16 February 2016

Birthday Blanket

A crochet blanket for my Mum's birthday.  What do you get 'the older' generation (sorry Mum!) for a great birthday gift - most have everything they need? Something handmade, made with love perhaps...  Inspired by The Patchwork Heart, I thought perhaps a small lap blanket may go down well.....

The Willow Block was taken from 200 Crochet Blocks, a book I have had on my shelf for a couple of years! The boarder, taken from Around the Corners: Crochet Boarders - a recent treat! With my colours chosen, and wool ordered - I got started.  I started over the Christmas period, it's amazing how quickly the pile grew while I managed to watch a couple of films!!

  

 

Joined together using a new method, The Flat Braid Join. There are many you tube videos to view for this method.

 

 


Ta Dah.... completed with a whole seven days to go ...... I hope this is the way forward for me this year, finishing stuff and with time to spare!!!!



1 comment:

  1. really lovely -particularly like the slightly frilly border, gives it a slightly antique look
    Well done you - finished with time to spare

    ReplyDelete