Wednesday 24 February 2016

Cheam Camera Club: Mono Print

Round 3. Goodness, struggling to find something decent now as I've not really been out with the camera a lot.

Misty Morning, Littlehampton: I will confess if I hear rain when getting up for sunrise I tend to pull the duvet back over my head.  On this occasion, having had a talk on going out in all weathers at the club a few weeks back, I heard the rain and went anyway!  So worth it!  I think in hind sight I could have got my composition a little different but overall I like the atmosphere of the image. Judges Comments: Great negative space, good moody image, very atmospheric, good size in  mount, good leading lines - even though going slightly to the left. Score - 9.5


Supper Time:  Now I had this one printed a few months back, and have not been sure if I should enter it.  I love the image but am aware the fly's eyes are a little dark, and the back ground it distracting.  With not much else to offer, I'm going for it.  I watched the spider for ages wrapping the fly in its web - I should have videoed it!!!  Judges Comments: Creepy image, vegetarian didn't really like to see things eating each other (!!), very difficult to view, would have been better in colour. Score - 8


At least I had feedback this week!!

1 comment: