Sunday 18 May 2014

Sony Photography Awards 2014: Somerset House

Yippee for freebies.  Tickets for the Sony Photography Awards - why not.  Lets see what others would consider a good theme/photograph.

Chance to leave the DSLR at home and play with my bumble bee prize - the Canon - Powershot SX50 HS!

Many 'firsts' today, never been to Somerset house - although been past it plenty of times, never been to a photography exhibition, and never used the new camera!

This was taken standing outside the main exit of Waterloo Station - in fact two busy roads are between me and the eye - the zoom is fantastic.  See if you can see the eye next time you exit Waterloo Station.

Clarity good.

Picks up the colour well.


Zoom Out

Part Zoom In

I have never seen deck chairs in central London - such a good idea in the hot weather - again taken from the other side of a very big road - great when you don't want people to know you are taking their picture!


All of these images are taken straight from camera - I shot in RAW and JPEG but have chosen just to use the JPEG on this occasion.

I have to say I really like the camera - although I don't actually need another one - I think I may keep it for those times I can't be bothered to take the kit bag!

The Exhibition was great - inspiring - I would definitely go again to this and others - its good to view other peoples work - even if sometimes you don't get some of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment