Sunday 4 May 2014

Something wonderful.....

Do you remember these photographs taken back in February - Bee Fest - well something wonderful has happened.......

On a compete spur of the moment decision - which is most unlike me - I decided to enter one of the photos into a 'Spring Time' competition - run by Park Cameras (where I purchased my DSLR camera back in January) and Sussex Living Magazine.

Now, at the time I did think they were a good set of photos - the light was good, the colour came through on the flowers, the bee was very well behaved - hanging around for the photographs for over an hour - so very kind of her - especially as it was still very cold at that time.

However, the one I handed in for my homework that week .... was criticised over a few things - I know that's their job and I know that's the only way I'll improve but I began to doubt...

That one is actually my favourite photograph of the day - love the wings - love the eyes - love the golden centre of the crocus - but if you look closely the middle of the bee (the yellow stripe) is out focus - mainly because I had used an incorrect aperture.


However, in a spilt second decision I entered this one......


I don't know why I did, but there you go....

Anyway, Tuesday I got an email saying I had won - I had to read it several times to check I was reading it right, I emailed saying great news but were there sure..... but Yes the information was correct I had won a prize. I still can't believe it, but I won - not just any old win however only first flipping first prize!!!!


And what did I win I hear you ask - well the main prize was a camera - worth over £500 (yeah I know!) but  the best prize for me was the absolute delight that my picture came first. I would have still been very happy even if there had been no prize!!!


Would I enter another competition - yes I think I would - small local ones - I'll work up to the world wide ones when I'm a little more experienced!!!!

I am signing copies of the magazine if you would like - they will be worth a fortune when I'm world famous!!!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment