Sunday 4 May 2014

Skaterham

For all you skateboarders out there - and I know a lot of my blog readers are secret boarders (yes I know who you are) - did you know there was a massive skateboarding park in Caterham. No - neither did I till a few weeks ago..... just to give you some back ground information then.....

A converted church - Skaterham.com  - the ramps have been built - over and around the stonework of the church - the magnificent stain glass windows can still be viewed - however they are very carefully protected from the skateboarders.  The church is on loan to the skateboarders and I, for one, have not seen anything like it before......







Flooring protected by boards in most places....


Stonework underneath the ramps....




Evidence of previous activity....



Inside Ramps....


Outside Ramps


And of course the all important actions shots....


A little helping hand was needed until the Skateboarding feet were found....


Other modes of skateboarding were tested out.....



Ok kids...... try this one.....





I AM Superman.....


No, I am Superman - look kids I'm flying.....




Ooooh I'm not sure about this one..... it is a long way down.....


Errrrrmmm still not sure.... shall I......


No..... sorry bottom it is.....


Back to the other one....



I think all the kids, yes all three of them, enjoyed the morning.  I found the photographing difficult - the light inside the Church was dark, and real problems with the light in general - the speed at which they went - the lack of control of where they would 'fly' past, where they would land, how high the jump would be - the composition of the subject within the frame went out the window in the first few shots.  In looking closely at the pictures - I don't think one single 'subject' has actually come out sharp in the photographs - however considering this I am pleased with the results - should I decided that this is the way the portfolio is to go, then I need to research a lot more, go with definite picture ideas to force the shots and ensure I have been to the venue to check the lighting before - everything an experience photographer would do - I'm obviously not in that place yet!!!

Final shots of the morning...

Lots of bottoms - funny - they all seem to be in great focus.....


Do you think my two front teeth are in this pot...... 






1 comment:

  1. well it certainly looks like three people had great fun!!
    A really interesting venue and new use..love the ones of skateboarder flying past church window...

    ReplyDelete