Thursday 8 June 2017

Rethink Your Mind

So, a few months back I entered a couple of images for the Rethink Your Mind - The Yellow Book.  I entered two images two years ago and got an image published... click here to view.  Always trying to improve - this year I not only got my image published in the book, they chose my image to appear on the Audio Book Cover, winning a prize!  I think the cover of the Audio Book is most app (for those that know me well) and is being released on 11.11.17 - was it meant to be - who knows!

Over 500 people entered, 50 pieces of work (25 words, 25 artworks) were selected for The Yellow Book 2017, with 14 prizes being given out.





As I'm a free agent this year I decided to go and get my prize in person.  A fine day out at the Houses of Parliament, I would have liked to have looked round the back rooms while there but security was VERY tight! Invite and extra ID at the ready .....




 Armed with only my iPhone, as other camera equipment was not permitted I took a few images without getting myself arrested!
 




Not great images, but an opportunity to take from a position I'm not likely to stand again!!  So with one my prize of an iPad in hand I went for a swift drink with my friend to celebrate!

1 in 5 people have dandruff, 1 in 4 have mental health problems. Ruby Wax.

No comments:

Post a Comment