Thursday 1 June 2017

CCC: Season 3: PDI 6

Well the final round of our Projected Digital Images.  With very little left to offer I'm pleased I do not need to find anymore images this season.  I look forward to going back over images during the summer ready for next season now!

Photographers at Work: Just some minor changes on this one. Warm tones need adding, Shadows and Highlights. A small crop.  A good weekend was had.


Final: Pretty happy with this one, I don't think it's a 10 but like the simpleness of the image.


Judges Comments: Good separation between the people. Liked the camera on the tripod, comes over as a nice image.  Good light through the long grass. Score: 8  Note: This looks much sharper on my screen than it did on the wall

Fox Cub: Saved at last hurdle by this image, invited round my friends at the crack of dawn to sit in her garden the cubs put in a brief appearance.  However, where they stopped I was blessed with great light. I have learnt so much over the last few years, however, the most important lesson would be light.  Light is most definitely the photographers friend.  Nothing exciting really about this image, but the light on the fox cub is just the best.

Unedited:   Lots of distractions in the picture, especially the white behind the foxes head.  The usual shadows and highlights, with a LOT of cloning! And a very heavy crop.  I wanted to leave detail in the background so the Shadows came right down.


Fox Cub Final: OK.  I'm not sure about the cloning, once again I can clearly see where I have tried to remove stuff, and I'm not sure how obvious this will be on the big screen.  I'm also not sure of the green bag to the left would have preferred to remove this but not happy with the result and have just gone for a darken.  HOWEVER, I love the light on the cub, and I love the 'frame' of the pot behind the cub.


Judges Comment: Good 'evening light' on his face, and good capture of light on his ears. Lovely circle behind his head.  However, too much black to the right of the cub should have gone for more of a crop. Score: 9.5 Note to me: I process my images slightly darker and they project very light on the screen.  New laptop seems to project a little darker.  I can still see detail of the green in the back ground on my laptop but on the large screen there was no detail as all. 




No comments:

Post a Comment