Thursday 28 April 2016

Cheam Camera Club: Mono Print

Final mono print round. Yay!!!

Friends: Taken on the Covent Garden Street Photography walk, back in February. It was very wet and very cold.  I was a little disappointed with the day, as nothing really happened, and I certainly didn't feel I'd come away with anything good.  However, I stumbled upon this little image when sorting.  I've processed in Silver Efex Pro, and flipped upside down.  Really happy with the final images. Judges Comments: Creative idea to flip the image - however - the two main images needed to be isolated, too many other reflections in the image. The third main figure really lets down the picture. Score: 7.5



Spring Blossom: OK - so spring blossom - all about the colour, right?  I decided on processing in mono. I had it printed on wood fibre matt paper (trying to experiment with paper) - which gives an interesting print. I very much like the finished image. I think this will be a Marmite image - you either love it or hate it. Judges Comments: (After seeing two other flower images) Yet another flower image! Could have been composed better - stalk should have come from corner not side of image. Image not sharp enough. Score: 7.5


A disappointing end to the season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment