Saturday 10 October 2015

Cheam Camera Club: Mono Print

Our second  'club' competition but first mono print - My scores last season were not good enough to be moved into the intermediate group for this set of print so I remain in the standard group - it can no longer be called the 'beginners' group as the group is currently made up of some photographers who have been taking photographs for 30 years plus.  

Mono Print
Round 1:

Under The Pier:  The better of my two images I was really pleased with the composition of this image and I had worked really hard on the exposure.  Judges comments - Generally liked the image - thought I had over done the processing on the sea. Score 9.5



20 Fenchurch Street, London: This was my 'comments' image.  I was a little unsure of this image.  It's incredibly hard, I think, to do something different with an place/building that has been photographed thousands of times.  So, I inverted the image (Converted to B&W and then changed the whites to black and blacks to white).  Judges comments: The score itself indicates that image did not work for this judge - however comments were a little lacking on how I could have improved it - other than the image was too simple and was 'missing something'.  Score 7.



Must work harder!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment