Thursday 17 September 2015

Cheam Camera Club: Colour Print

Our first 'club' competition of the new season - I have been moved from the standard (beginners) class to Intermediates - feeling a little (well a lot) out of my depth amongst some great photographers.  I decided during the summer that I would struggle to keep up with the more experience photographers I would enter some 'controversial' prints!!

Colour Print
Round 1:

Lone Poppy:  This I felt was the 'better' of my two images - I liked the light, I loved the position of the poppy amongst the poppy heads (although I did crop left and right - I preferred the poppy central), and I loved the depth of field.  Judges comments -  should have positioned the poppy left or right not central - poppy head should have been open and not curled but exposure good. Score 8



Fallen Branches: This was my 'comment' image.  I really like this image.  Taken by accident, by moving when Dave told me to get a move on!!! I really wanted to hear what the judge thought - after all - nothing is sharp, I don't think there is a main focus point, you can't really tell what the flowers are.  Judges comments: Loved it!! Score 10.  Well that was an unexpected surprise!



And as the first scores of the season are recorded, time to sort my first round mono prints!

No comments:

Post a Comment