Thursday 29 October 2015

Cheam Camera Club: PDI

Our third 'club' competition but first PDI of this season - I remain in the standard group for this set of images.  And here are my efforts.

Projected Digital Images
Round 1:

Llanddwyn Island:  Taken this summer during my trip to Wales.  I love the sun burst in this image but I took the image in a square format, so have had crop the image and thus enlarge it for competition size - not sure if this will work on the big screen.  There was also some distracting sea, and grass in the image which I have cloned out - again this would be the first time I have presented such a heavily edited image.  Judges comments So... no comment on the editing, which is good news, no comments on the enlarging, again good news BUT the judge did not like the forefront of the image,to many mid tones, no interest, not needed - he didn't like the image in general, sadly tonight score for this image is why I despair some nights at the club. -  Score 7.5



Better, what do you think?





The Living Dead:  Again, heavily edited - there were people in the background - a row of tunnel lights above his head. Really not sure if I will get away with my 'enhancements' - my processing skill are not yet good enough to do 'heavy' editing but at some point I have to enter some to see where I need to improve.    Judges comments -  well again, surprisingly no comment again on the enhancements - so maybe I'll try a few more with 'heavy edits'.  Generally liked the image but would not have on his wall!  Score 8.5


So mixed reviews tonight - I don't generally do well at all in the PDI (not sure why but there we have it).  I had hoped for no less than 8 for The Living Dead - so pleased with 8.5.  However, I would have liked no less than 9 with the Llanddwyn Island so 7,5 is a major disappointment!!!  I wonder what the score would have been if I had entered the cropped version - I suspect less than the 7.5 as no foreground interest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment