Monday 24 June 2013

Sunday at Sandown....

Staying local this weekend for my annual trip to Sandown - my local Quilt Show, with great excitement four QQ headed off with their water bottles and sandwiches....and a 'small' list of quilting items needed!

Part of the exhibition this year was on the quilts produced by Ferret.  I had met her and completed a course just a few weeks back.  Her newest addition to her amazing collection of quilts on show..... I find it hard to believe when I view such amazing quilts, as this, that it comes from - fabric, threads and of course loads of talent.





I did note how differently I was viewing the quilts this year, having just completed the wholecloth course a few weeks back, especially Ferret's quilts. It's all about the filling.....







There seem to be a whole host of wholecloths (of varying kinds) on display this year...










I also took extra note of the boarder finishes, and the texture in some quilts- making them just that little bit different...






All such beautiful quilts.....all such talented quilters.....my aim, my challenge to myself - exhibit a quilt/wall hanging next year.  Will I achieve my goal ..... mmmmm we will see in June next year!






1 comment: