Sunday 19 August 2012

Hot, hot, hot....

Oh my goodness, it has been unbelievably hot the last two days.  The drive down to the coast yesterday was great, beautiful in fact.  So early, it was cool enough to enjoy and see the sun coining up through the trees - one of the best drives down.  However the drive home was hot, Windows open, sunroof open, fans on full blast...I was 'glowing' by the time I reached home.

After dropping off the tiles at the BH, I went round to C&L to use the facilities and to have a well earned cup of tea.  Everyone was still in bed so I sat in the garden enjoying the peace, admiring the flowers.




Such wonderful colours, first thing in the morning.  Heading home, I decided to venture into Tesco's to pick up some BBQ stuff and 'Pear Juice' for the evening (funny, around 50,000 other locals had had the same idea!!).  I decided that a little colour was needed today in my own house..



Sunday was a whole treat in itself...... a couple of dump runs with the old fence panels and the rubble from March (yes March) from when we knocked down the brick wall to dig up the drains! I have been looking forward to this day for ages (NOT).

First run..... my poor little car...



A second run was done and this is what's left to clear next week!!



I do confess to 'resting' my eyelids this afternoon...only to wake two hours later!!!!  Right no more today...I'm off to find something to hand sew in front of a good film....in fact I don't really care if it's a bad film... just so long as it involves no lifting or shifting!!


1 comment: