Monday 13 August 2012

A little bit of this and a little bit of that but not much Quilting!

Cannot believe we are now heading well into August.  The last few weeks have been busy busy busy .. but for all the wrong reasons.  I'm now getting a bit frustrated with myself with the whole lack of 'creativecarole' activity this year.  I may need to consider renaming my blog - DIYCarole.  I have made a decision to really write off the rest of the creative year....I may fit a few little bits in but I now have to concentrate on the BH.  And with a small amount of luck by the end of the year all will be back to normal - in fact a bit more than normal - giving me in fact a whole year, next year, of no DIY and a whole lot of creating.

Last weekend was a bit of a non event..... I spent most of the weekend cleaning the kitchen....which is covered in brick dust from the extension at WR being fixed.  Half the cupboard were emptied and cleaned and refilled.  I will finish the other half this weekend coming as a special treat!!

D worked so very hard on Friday putting the new fence panels up .... this is how I left the house on Friday....



And this is how I found it on my return....




No longer a white T-Shirt!!


The outside of the extension is fully painted..




Inside is fully painted...


In fact we are pretty much there, just need to slab over the area we dug up by the drain and we are all done here.  One down...one to go!

We spent time sorting out the tiles and bathrooms this weekend - and now all ordered and just waiting for delivery... a little sneak of tiles...

.
The weekend was supposed to be a QQ Saturday but due to sourcing tiles and a back log of domestics chores I gave it a miss.....I think this is the first time I have missed a QQ meeting other than when we have gone on holiday! Shame...but they'll all still be there next month!  And I actually achieved a great deal!  Even found two minutes to steal these from next doors garden!





We did venture to the coast to order the bathroom locally....a good day... the sun was out in full force ... a BBQ was had....a fight over the sun lounger....a walk on the beach....








No comments:

Post a Comment