Tuesday 28 August 2012

Creative Mojo....

I do feel that I'm finally seeing some light at the end of the 'DIY' tunnel!  My routine has come back to me this week .... with my usual visit to H's for our sewing evening made extra special last week by viewing the honey in the settlement tank - before being 'jared'.  http://www.plate-spinning-mama.blogspot.co.uk/. I was allowed a dip of the finger in the pouring tub .... and may I say it was wonderful. 



I think I have finally got my creative mojo back ....and about time!!!  Being a Bank Holiday weekend - meaning an extra day off - I had planned, last week that BH and chores were to be done on Saturday and Sunday BUT Monday was going to be ALL mine!

And apart from washing the car Monday morning that's exactly what happened!

Crochet AND Quilting.  Crochet started off with a little on Friday and Saturday night - trying out the wools I purchased back in .... January - really January..... where did that time go?!





Achieving this by Monday night..



Made the worse mistake ever by trying to wrap a new skein of wool into a ball - roughly an hour later...



On the Quilting front - I needed to progress the pink quilt I have been working on - would like to get the binding on, if I can, within the next two weeks.  I found a pattern in H's copy of British Patchwork - which I copied and then went on to sew round (using twin needles) - note to self - use water soluble paper next time to trace pattern. 






Really pleased with the results - but took forever to remove tracing paper from stitching!  had less than 12" of cotton left on reel when I had finished both side - love it when you just make it!  A very productive day and a long time coming!

During the week D and I also made, a very quick decision, over a few days we have off next week - we should have been spending the time at the BH but of course that's not going to happen - so on the spur of the moment we decided to book a couple of days in Oxford.  Cannot wait - it will be great to leave all this stuff behind us for a couple of restful days.....



As you can see from the Oxford on Foot Map and the Cycle Map - not much rest planned!!!

1 comment:

  1. Will have to keep encouraging the bees so there is a constant flow of honey to fuel your creative mojo!

    ReplyDelete