Saturday 9 June 2012

Time, too little....

I cannot express in words what an awful week I have had, computer problems at work have gone from bad to worse.  My time has not been my own.  A small blessing, it has been a short week because of the extra long bank holiday we had last week.  I have had several late nights at work, and so the house have been very neglected these last few days (and of course we were away last weekend enjoying ourselves so it was neglected then too!).

Friday night I arrived home after 9.30pm - ate some toast and went straight to bed.  The computers are all fixed now and I knew when my head hit that pillow I did not have to rush out Saturday morning and try and fix anymore problems.

In fact when I woke Saturday morning, the sun was shining.  Most unexpected.  I had made the decision last night that I needed a full weekend here to 'get on top of things'.  My list was all in door stuff but because the sun was shining I took full advantage to get out onto the garden....

I have been having trouble with slugs and snails - I have always had a bit of bother from these little guests but this year they are eating everything in sight.... the last of my sunflowers.



Last week during the QQ meet - CD suggested copper tape....well worth a go...




One reel later and two massive cuts on my finger and Ta Dah....




I'll keep you posted on the success.  Just a small note - these are two of the little b***er's I found clinging onto one of the pots - I held them down firmly on the tape I popped them onto the tape to see what would happen - hoping for instant explosion of the snails  hoping for them to go to sleep without pain and go happily to snail heaven.  But nooooooo.....can you see them escaping. I have to say I'm not holding out much hope!






The roses are going great guns this year, so pleased.  

          

The afternoon was spent inside, ironing, cleaning, tidying, washing ..... I'm not sure why I bother some weeks - as I only have to repeat the process next weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment