Tuesday 5 June 2012

Jolly Jubilee!!

The start to the weekend was not a good one.  I had to go into work for 7.30am, as problems with the new fibre optic connection had caused us huge disruption the day before - my day however, was instantly improved as I crossed the ponds into work and saw the most amazing thing!






Carshalton Yarn Bombed.  I just love it that someone (or a group) has shared their passion with the whole area.  Well done you!

And more red, white and blue has continued thoughout the rest of the weekend - well it is the Queens Diamond Jubilee Celebrations!  Three whole days off!!

We had a very lazy three days, Sunday morning was baking and starting the Jubilee Trifle I had promised to make for our street party tomorrow.  Although, I eased myself into it very gently after a cup of tea and a catch up on the village news!






With the trifle finished Monday morning, we did a couple of things around the house before heading over to join the rest of the street!








A great afternoon, meeting and catching up with new and old neighbours - we had great interest from everyone on the changes we were making around the house - and gave three viewing of the new completed kitchen - much whooping and wowing - I was a bit embarrassed with it all really - but great to show neighbours what we had been up too!!  

With a touch of sadness, Tuesday we removed our bunting - in very heavy rain..... and headed home.





No comments:

Post a Comment