Friday 10 November 2017

British Wildlife Photography Awards 2017

Sometime ago I entered five images into the BWPA, one was shortlisted - Whoop Whoop.  Without a further thought, I was VERY surprised to hear I'd received a Highly Commended - Whoop flipping whoop.

Two trips this week to the Mall Galleries, the first on Tuesday with good friends.   Really hoping that the image was a little more than a 6 by 4 in a corner, I was very surprised as we enter when my friend shouted 'there it is'!


It was all a little surreal, that one of my images should be amongst some stunning wildlife images on the wall of a London Gallery.  It also felt a little strange - I am not a wildlife photographer, was it really wildlife being taken in a hive. I stopped thinking too hard and enjoyed the viewing!



I received my HC in the Hidden Britain section. And when you looked at the images, actually there were several bee shots.





We then went a bit posh for lunch....




The second trip came on Wednesday night...... with a private preview for the winners and HC images.  The evening was very exciting with Miranda Krestovnikoff presenting the winning prizes. However, the venue was very hot and very crowed, although the bubbles were very welcome after a very long day!  I received a copy of the BWPA 2017 book that not only contained all the winning images, all the HC images but also some of the images that didn't make the exhibition - having viewed the ones that didn't make it - once again I question how mine image did!!



Soooooo, what now I hear you ask.... well  one of my images  has been shortlisted for the British Life Photography Awards - I'm not gonna say it won't go any further because this has proved anything can happen!!  I have been inspired to try some wildlife projects.  Maybe a bee one!!




1 comment:

  1. wow, WOW, wow - great to share your experience vicariously and you should be so proud - wonderful bee image and acknowledgement of your talent!! Give up the 'day job' for good!

    ReplyDelete