Thursday 19 October 2017

Cheam Camera Club: Season 4: Colour 1

Advance Group:


Sweetpeas: Home grown flowers from the garden this year. Love this image. High key on a light box. Printed on Parchment paper - so it gives the effect of a water colour. I'm hoping it will score well. Score: 9....... Gutted!



The Changing Season: I took these on a recent trip - and was really pleased with them in camera (in fact when I saw the first image I did a little whoop inside). However, on processing them I have been left a little disappointed.  After taking the first couple of images I decided that I would try a triptych - a series of connecting three images in one mount - I have printed them on Permajet Titanium - to try and give them that autumn glow (!).  Although now printed, I'm not overjoyed with the actual images - and certainly they are not good enough as stand alone images for the advance group. However, I'm interested in presenting my first set of images as a triptych, and interested to see if the judge thinks they work as a panel. I don't think these will score more than  a 7 or 8. I'm still very much at the stage where my images on screen (or even in camera) are very different to the ones I'm printing - this is something that I need to address - and fairly quickly. Score: 8





No comments:

Post a Comment