Tuesday 25 April 2017

CPAGB

Credit from the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain.

Described as 'Good Club Photography' ......

A talk given at the club back in October 2016 regarding the distinctions we could aim for, along side the fact that one would be held in Croydon in April 2017, inspired me to think about upping my game.

Without thinking too much I applied after the talk, and pushed to the back of my mind. Being accepted to present my work was a little surprising but with four months to go - achievable.  With around three weeks before the deadline (!!) I started to sort some images.  The realisation that I was not even close to passing came very early on during this process. As I had already started the process I thought I would go anyway, it would be a lesson learnt on how these things work.

It became very apparent when the images started to appear that 'good' club photography was an understatement - many were above and beyond what I'd seen in our advance section during a normal club competition night.  By my third image I knew it was game over!! So I sat back and enjoyed the images, and tried hard to understand what 'type' of image they were after.

To pass the CREDIT level - you need to score 200 from 10 image (Maximum score 300). So you would be looking at an average of 20 marks for each image - with a possible maximum 30 points achievable.

Just Resting - 21
 
Needle and Threads - 18
 
Daisy - 15

Battle of Britain Memorial - 13

Milky Way - 20

Dandelion Head - 15
Rainbow of Pencils - 17

Sea Abstract - 16

Under the Pier - 17
Morning Calm - 14


Total 166. Way off the 200 target.  Things I have learnt.....

Don't sit behind a six foot tall man as I can't see the screen properly.
They are not after good photography they are after excellent and advanced photography.
Many people were on their second or third attempt to pass.

I'm going to take a year to gather some better images, then I'll look at booking an advisory day for them to rip the images apart!!





1 comment: