Tuesday 25 April 2017

CCC: Season 3 - PDI 5

Gerbera: Playing and experimenting. Using glitter paper as a background (A4 from Wilko), and a Gerbera from a bunch of Easter flowers. I was going for a high key look (as that's my thing at the moment) but actually once I started processing, decided that on this occasion it really wasn't working.


Final Edit: Shadow, Highlights, clarity, contrast, all the basic stuff. The detail is much better. I am happy with the colour contrast between the green and pink.  I can see this as a panel of several images. 


Judges Comments: Like the crop for this image. Liked the colours. They complement each other well. Held back on the colours, could have gone mad but haven't. Score: 9.5



Memorial through the trees:  This, I think, is a 'marmite' shot - and I would suggest that perhaps it won't score more than a 7.  All the usual basic adjustment - shadow, highlights etc.


Final Edit: It's just not what I would usually do.  It's really not the type of image you see at club.  


Judges Comments: Imaginative approach to the subject. Enjoy the detail. Lovely light. BUT does not work at all. The tree is far to dominant in the image. Score: 7


No comments:

Post a Comment