Sunday 3 January 2016

Starting a fresh.....

The Another brand new year is here.  I really have no idea where 2015 went.  Time just seems to disappear in a blink of an eye.  I started yesterday with the 'annual' clear up in the sewing room.  I have a mass of projects coming up - and as I could not enter the room with tripping up on project bags and not see my sewing machine, the time really had come to take control once more.

Easiest way I find is to take most things out, and then one by one - sort and re home.  With the hope that I do actually remember which draw/cupboard/box they have been stuffed in.


I did discover some projects that I had forgotten about - slightly concerning now that I have so many UFO  that I don't remember them all.  So a decision made, to pick some projects and a time scale - and see what happens.  I have picked six crochet projects, given myself a time scale of three months. I have other projects that need to be started and finished within this timescale so these will he slotted in between!

Crochet Blanket, started December, experimental using two strands of wool at the same time. 

Blue & White Baby Blanket, miss calculated wool quantity so need to undo and recalculate.
Started November, put to one side in case I find the same wool. 


Started Christmas time, inspired by The Patchwork Heart

Willow Pattern Squares, making for a birthday gift. I should have enough for two small lap quilts.

Rainbow Blanket, started back in perhaps November/December 2013 (eeek).
Put to one side as was having problems joining the squares (different sizes).

So, with the new year under way, off I go on this years creative journey. Come back in three months and see if I have completed these six items!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment