Wednesday 20 January 2016

Cheam Camera Club: PDI

So after this competition, we will be half way through the season, goodness it seems to be moving fast.  I'm pretty pleased so far with my improvement this year.  However, with everything happening at once I don't seem to be out and about as much with the camera as I'd hoped, so after next week, it out in the rain and snow!

PDI
Round 3:

Daisy:  Taken during the summer of 2015, on the first CCC walk at Non Such Park, which I organised as SS.  I'm really pleased with the post processing of this images, and just love the final image.  A handy tip I picked up at the beginning of the season was to not process your images right away.  And in this case it was worth waiting, if I had processed this six months ago it would have been completely different.  Judges comments -  Liked the processing of this image.  He complimented my background, my choice of cloth was excellent - this was interesting as the picture was taken outside, it's just the natural light processed with a small vignette around the edge.- Score 10



Don't Let Go:  Taken as part of my portfolio work for my C&G in 2013, this was accepted as part of the Winchester PDI Competition last year, can't remember how many were chosen out of the entries but I'm pleased it was accepted!  Really need to save some weekends this year to hive bomb again! Judges comments -   Liked the letterbox crop but felt I could have cropped more off the left and right hand side. Liked the detail, a good sharp image. - Score 10





Chuffed!  You wait  season and a half for a 10 and then you get two in one night.  My own goal was to get one 10 this season for my PDI images as the scores last year were so poor.  Once again.... Chuffed!

1 comment: