Saturday 21 July 2012

Quilts to Quilt, Tea to Drink and Cake to Eat....

It's that time again.... QQ monthly meeting..... it seems to have come round so very quickly this time.  We had booked this weekend for our Project Linus Weekend - a whole weekend - Friday night until Sunday afternoon - a weekend full of quilting, chat, food and drink and most of all excellent company.  But of course that was cancelled back in June when I had my minor water problem down at the BH! We have turned it into a one day event at CD's again.  We had all decided a few weeks back that we would all use the time to finish existing quilts/projects rather than start new ones.

Saturday came, along with the wonderful sunshine at long last. As soon as I reached CD's, tea and a blueberry muffin (made by HW) was consumed and then a trip round the garden - amazing what a difference a few weeks makes.


Visitors on the pond....



Wonderful bunting left from the street party.....



 




Actual Strawberries - I'll show you mine next week!!!    





Lunch was amazing, as usual - Salmon Quiche - I am hoping the receipe will be posted on QQ.

I am still working on my first pink quilt (yes still!!) Last week I finished the free motion around the hearts...this is the picture I sent to the new owners Mum .... just to tease her!!



I spent today sewing in the ditch around the big squares to anchor the quilt and then around the hearts in the boarder.  I am happy (ish) with the result but am unsure if I like the big stitching.  Just one side left to finish so it will probably stay!!


The builders start work Monday on our crack at WR, so this evening was spent moving the beach house stuff so we can move the WR stuff!!!!  I soooooo fed up with moving stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment