Friday 6 July 2012

Difficult times.

Well I've had better weeks.  But all told - compared to L - I've had a good week.

I've sold my moped.....I have to say, great timing as the money will be useful as our building work starts soon at WR, and it will certainly be handy having the space for the building rubbish.

Bye, bye - I hope you will be very happy with your new owner and he looks after you well. I have to say I have my doubts as it wobbled away up the road!!



The whole cloth quilt - which I started three years ago - July 4th 2009 - the day we received the keys to the beach house has been finished.  I have even washed it (while my heart was in my mouth) , and it looks great.  I was very concerned that the red marking lines would not disappear and my burgundy cotton would run.  But all is fine - nothing untoward happened - thank goodness.

Before wash....


If you look closely, you can see the red marking lines....


Ta Dah...... no more red marking lines.





I have spent some time supporting L this week with funeral arrangement but she has everything under control.  Her Dad would be so very proud of his daughters, dealing with such a difficult situation. Our support has been minimal but I understand from C much needed by both of them.  They have been away from their home for several days now and on returning Wednesday found that the shower had leaked through their living room ceiling.  Ironic as they were not touched by the 4ft floods we had a few weeks back.  They have riped everything out that they can and now will leave to dry until after the funeral.  We will of course head back with them and help sort (I know what it like to have a damp patch (!!) and it is a bit distressing). 

Decorating her Mum's house and sorting is on the cards this weekend - starting with the bathroom tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment