Monday 30 July 2012

Dry

We received a call Wednesday to say the BH had been declared dry and that the fans and dehumidifiers where being removed.  A quick decision was made  that we really should go and see what the builders had been up to before they put it all back.  On our journey down to the BH we decided it has been about four weeks since we last saw the BH (six for D).... way way to long without seeing or smelling the sea. 

In receiving the phone call I had mixed emotions to the news ......wonderful that we may get to spend some time there during the summer months after all .....and ..... oh god I really need to get my finger out and get on with sorting stuff (although I currently feel that's all I've been doing of late!).

Mixed emotions again when we entered the bungalow......most of what I saw I had expected but I had not expected to see the bathrooms stripped of the tiles.  The last conversation I had had with the insurance people was no tiles would need to be removed......I completely understand why they have been removed and I had pushed for them to be removed to allow the walls to dry .....but still it came as a bit of a shock!







And this set up gives a whole new meaning to sharing a bathroom......



If you look closely you can see our en suite toilet (grey) through the wall ..... you could really have a proper conversation with the person next door with this new look bathroom.

After a quick (late) tea, I needed to see the sea. So a walk to the beach for me.....pub for the boys.




Much needed time to think (well for about 30 minutes) before I decided I really should have gone to the loo before leaving C & L, and that I really should have put a jumper on! 

L was out on a friends Hen Party and I was sightly worried by the clothing that greeted me Sunday morning..... oh what had she done!!!!



A few hours spent round the BH on Sunday morning, D cutting the lawn and me measuring up for bathroom stuff.  We had always intended to sort the bathrooms out but not for a couple of years - but we decided that it would be silly and not very cost effective, not to take advantage of the stripped bathrooms.

A very lazy afternoon.....chatting, laughing, another walk to the beach....all of us this time. Time to enjoy...if only for a few hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment