Sunday 13 May 2012

A strange yellow thing......

I woke this morning to sunshine. Something we haven't seen in a verrrrry long time!!!



No thought of indoor chores this morning, it had to be outside. First of all washing on the line. It feels like weeks since I did that (in fact it was).  Then straight to the veg patch ..... which has been patiently waiting for me for the same number of weeks!!!

Carrots, parsnips, salad onions, french beans, lettuce and rocket salad!! I'm not sure what will grow but we are giving it a go!!

Tomatoes are in,



Seed potatoes are in, early and seconds,



I have very limited space in my small garden so containers are a must. I have converted some old containers that I no longer use. An old washing up bowl for rocket and an old glass recycling bin for my tomatoes. Well they have added a bit of colour to the garden if nothing else!



More SUNSHINE on Sunday - goodness I didn't know what to do with myself - the excitement!!




Yes - well - I did know what to do  - washing on line - well it would be a waste of the sunshine not to put it out!


Cut the grass....


Make up the beds for friends staying next week - with their family..





While D has a snooze in the sun, I made the most of a free couple of hours and finished the quilting on my whole cloth quilt.


And then the part I had been dreading - cutting the boarder, I did actually feel slightly faint..






Ok I couldn't do it - I only cut a small section - I need to be sure I can do what I need to do before cutting the whole thing - need to tuck and sew but will need to play this week to get the best finish!

Have a good week everyone!




1 comment:

  1. loving the recycling - I wont tell the council if you dont !!

    ReplyDelete