Saturday 26 May 2012

Oh the sunshine....

My last post wished whole heartily for sunshine.... and boy have we got some!  It has gone from wet, cold and downright miserable to dry, hot, and wonderful .... in what seems like 24 hours. 




Did I mention it was hot!!

Saturday we had our monthly meet for QQ and we could not have booked our venue better if we had tried.  CD has volunteered to host this month - CD has the most amazing garden - it would be like our own private Chelsea Flower Show.  And an added bonus CD's husband does the best food - our very own Catering Manager for the day! 

I had several jobs that needed completing this morning before heading out and enjoying myself,  but with Heart radio playing tribute music to Donna Summer and Robin Gibbs, real old time disco music,  I found myself dancing and signing along, and not really doing what I should be.....if only I could find my hairbrush and those pink leg warmers!


Car to be washed...


Cakes to be finished....







Water the garden......


Next doors bush/tree has given me another job to add to my list!!  As pretty as it is ....


It does leave a nice purple carpet....




Mid morning I headed off to QQ, and this is the garden that greeted me!



Please note the complete difference with my pond and CD's pond!!!!  I must try harder!!




Please note the complete difference with my garden and CD's garden!!!!  I must try harder!!

An excellent day, as always, we were missing EL, as she was unwell, otherwise all the girls were in fine spirits.  We had two belated birthdays to celebrate,  AB's 50th - we had attended A's 50th party back in February but had held off presenting her with her gifts .... mainly as we only started it 3 days before the party!!!  We had each made a hand quilted cushion in A's favourite colour... with the sixth one being a joint effort!


They all looked wonderful and were such a joy to produce....I have a feeling that a couple more sets may be produced for other birthdays!!  Luckily we have plenty of time to plan before the next big one!!

HS also celebrated her birthday a little while ago and gifts were presented...



The Quilting Grandma bag (given by AB) went down a storm.  I know HS was pleased we had reminded her that she was a Grandma!!

As always a wonderful day.....off home, and decision time on what's happening this evening and tomorrow!





1 comment:

  1. note to self : must buy carole pink leg warmers if I ever see any!

    ReplyDelete