Tuesday 29 May 2012

Birthday Cushions

This post has been in my draft box for some time now...in fact from about March time, and I have been adding to it as I have progressed.  This is the story of AB's cushions for her 50th Birthday.  Now we have handed them over I can post my work( and of course the rest of QQ)!

CD had the idea to to produce some hand made cushions, and kindly allowed us to gate crash her idea.  She had already seen the fabric she was going to use....Purple being AB's all time favourite, in fact no other colour will do!  It was just down to us to choose our own thread and our own pattern.  Each member of the QQ was going to produce a cushion with the sixth one being a joint effort!



Pattern One, chosen and completed.......





Piping was added, which I have done before - a couple of times, so was okay with the next step.




Adding a zip was the next step - didn't really do well at this at all  - so not showing you!!!!! - Note to myself - must practise zip insertion on a cushion that is not important!  And then join together..... Ta Dah....




In a mad moment I volunteered to complete the stitching on the final cushion.  Metallic thread was used for this one - borrowed from HW.




Luckily for me CD had inserted the zip and EL had completed the piping so all I needed to do was join the bits.... Ta Dah....


And these are the finished cushions...

IMG_0427     IMG_0428     IMG_0429


IMG_0431     IMG_0430     01 Birthday Cushions










Wrapped well!

    

     




1 comment:

  1. great recollection !
    I'm distinctly jealous and now counting the days to my next birthday with an 0 at the end!

    ReplyDelete