Tuesday 13 March 2012

A Weekend with L

A change of routine this weekend.  Up to the BH Friday night, on my own, ready for an early collection of excess Kitchen materials on Saturday morning. 

So leaving work Friday evening (on time), straight home, a quick change and a quick bite to eat and on my way.  It was a little bit strange not having D by my side on the journey.  Arrived in good time and after a quick cup of tea - I started to sort out the items for return.  B&Q were coming early Saturday morning to collect two worktops they had over ordered.  And the rest I was returning.  A large pile later (well about midnight actually) I fell into my bed and slept like a log!!

Saturday morning came, B&Q came - nice and early.  With the car loaded with other items, I was back on the road by 9.15am.  Back home by lunch time, I decided to have some me time - an hour or so sewing - finishing a gift I have been working on for a few weeks.  I also decided that a small nap was required before tackling the ironing and some cleaning, picking up D from work and the journey back to the BH again!!  All go today - well apart from the nap bit!



Our friends C and L had taken a weeks holiday and this was their last weekend before they both return to work on Monday.... so... a meal was in order Saturday night - with C doing the cooking again (bless our good friends - who actually have a kitchen!).  D and I discussed our broken pipe and kitchen alterations - we are getting so boring in our topics of conversation....I do feels that's all we talk about at the moment.  happily the conversation turned to seeds  and what veg was being sown for this summer.  C had been to the local garden centre a couple of day before and had invested in chilli seeds and a tomato plant!  I promised to bring some of D's plants when strong enough (I have a feeling a bit more culivation will be happening in the next few weeks).



Sunday was a fine day - too nice to stay in and fit a kitchen - so two kitchen doors later we went off to the beach. 


Collecting C & L on the way.  It was so nice spending some time with L this weekend - it's not the same trying to catch up over the bar counter were she works!!!  And it was so nice to see the beach again.








Stopping for a cold refreshment, and much admeration of the local cars - we headed back to the house late afternoon. 



D decided it was time to tackle the grass - which was a good foot (well give or take an inch) high. 


 I hung two more doors, and emptied a box! The first of many. As you can see my boxes were packed with great care!



We can really see the progress we are making but D and I are now running on reserve.  The decision was made (while travelling home) to try and get the final major things finished in the next two weeks. We really need to put our feet up now!


No comments:

Post a Comment