Saturday 31 March 2012

A Weekend of Quilting and DIY

Saturday- a whole day of quilting with the girls.  We had the return of EL - who had been travelling since mid Feb.  It was great to catch up with everyone (although AB was missing).  EL had returned from the USA with a bag full of goodies - she has great taste.  Having found a $10 bill last month I asked her to spend it on my behalf  - it's great when you can spend and it's some one else's cash!  A layer cake was purchased - can't wait to make something with that!!



Off to the BH for one night only ..... Well a huge surprise, A had made amazing progress on the Wednesday - finishing the plinths and cornice, doors on the fitted appliances etc.   In fact we have a fully functional kitchen - a sink - running water - a working oven - worktops - all mod cons!!!



Of course we have small things to finish - splash backs, tiles but all this can be slotted in now when we have more time - I prepared a late breakfast (as we had not got to bed until 4am that morning).  And we then took a box at a time and started to put things away. 

I can't say how pleased I am with the work we have done - and all our friends.  I think I would even go as far as to say I would do it again (so long as it's in a few years and not next week!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment