Thursday 1 March 2012

Scrappy Zappy...

Hurrah Hurrah quilting time at last...a day filled with quilting, laughter and good friends.  Today has finally arrived. (Well actually Sat 25th Feb - I've been a bit slow updating my blog)

Last November I went away with one of the QQ to a Jennie Rayment Course - Texture in Sudoku.  The course was fab - Jennie is such a great teacher, the finished result was excellent (Yes...I did actually finish it!!).  And I (and in fact all the other QQ) booked this course straight after.  It's been on the back burner for some time...and actually couldn't have come at a better time.  After yesterday's affair with the cracks and all the work we have been doing at the BH a well deserved bit of me time....

Unpacked my stuff - always try and travel light to these courses but never seem to manage!!!


Gathered together all the material I cut last weekend....so pleased I prepped as much as possible.



And off we go,  folding our coloured triangle in half - with fold to top right.  Label from 1 to 20 in the order you wish for them to appear.


Sew to black triangle ....  tacking one side, jumping to the next and tacking.  Snipping her petticoat (not the legs or her dress!!) - in the special order given by Jennie.




Then pair up and join together.



Until all are joined and you have just one large piece - the pieces should flow in a kind of S - otherwise unpick and redo!!



Collect the pre cut strips and join together - cut to make your boarders.


Add a small black boarder - then add your coloured boarder.



And unfortunately that all I had time for!!  The final boarder needs to be added and then quilted but I'm sooooo pleased with the work so far.  Other colourways.... QQ

Today has been a great day - just the tonic I needed to recharge and move forward with some energy, both in terms of the fab company and the activity completed.  Off home now to load the car for three days at the BH!!  Could take this to finish but actually have no kitchen table to put my machine on..lol!!





No comments:

Post a Comment