Saturday 31 March 2012

Ooops......

I slept like a baby last night....after the long day at Olympia, and then the drive to the BH - I was in bed as soon as I was able!!  Wide awake at 6am ... laying listening to the birds signing loudly, and the sun trying to poke itself through the curtains ... I turned to see D smiling back - also wide awake!  Cup of tea in bed I declared - such a long time since we did that.  We had decided during the week that we would have a lazy morning and try and catch up with ourselves but as we were both raring to go we were up and 'Kitchening' by 7am!!!  Yes, 'Good Lord' I here you say - yes, I did use similar words myself.




Doors to be hung, space to be cleared, wall to be sealed, drawers to be made.  Nearly a whole days work completed in a morning.  We decided that a pub lunch was in order as we had achieved so much - plus the fact that I still have no worktops (well that the excuse I'm using)!





Such a beautiful day....a wonderful lazy lunch, a walk back along the beach, a sit on the rocks.....




The afternoon shift started about three ...  by about four that afternoon ... I decided that one last job was to be done ... the drawer front to be fitted ...and then DISASTER.....  I dropped the drawer on my way to cabinet - well to be exact the drawer front came away ..... and a large chip was made in my new laminated floor...... (a few unprintable words were muttered) ....



I decided a long hot bath was required to calm down - leaving D to finish up for the day!  We had taken another two days holidays - so luxury no journey home tonight - and both in bed for 9pm - it must have been that long lunch we had!!!!  We will deal with the chip another day.

Awake bright and early - our builder, A, was coming today and plumber - well the plumber was suppose to come but I sent our address to someone else...not sure who!!! So with plumber rearranged for Tuesday we made a start.  All works tops - hob and sink to be in within the next two days - anything else would be a bonus. 





I did feel at one point we were creating more mess than we were cleaning up!!!  Worktops cut and in place by end of Monday -  leaving Tuesday for other things!

Tuesday  - Fridge/Freezer wired up and put into its place, extractor fan - proved to be a bit of a bugger - taking a little longer that thought.  Handles completed - all doors finished.  Really starting to take shape - even prepared lunch on my new worktop.




Note to all short friends: Integrated Fridge/Freezer - if replacing your kitchen and considering integrated appliances you should consider these carefully - being only 5'2" - I think I may need a stool for the top shelf of the fridge! My mother - being below 5' may need a step ladder!!!

Leaving very late Tuesday night after grabbing a quick bite to eat with A, we headed home after another hugely successful few days..... what that you say .... what about the large chip in the new flooring - well thanks for reminding me..... 







1 comment:

  1. You'll just have to start wearing platforms to cook ! ;)

    ReplyDelete