Saturday 28 December 2013

Ta Dah: Yarn Ball Bunting

Back in September you may remember my trip to Yarndale - during my weekend away I enjoyed a visual experience like never before - bunting, yarn bombing to the local park, bunting, Yarn Ball Bunting, and just a little bit more bunting.  

I have to say, when I saw the Yarn Ball Bunting outside the show - I just fell in love - I have been collected my supplies ever since!!! 


IMG_6627

And today, I found my very last item! Children's Pit Balls..... now these are readily available from any good toy shop BUT generally sold in bags of 500 - D would have killed me if I came home with 500 balls - and really my tree is not that big!  Today the local charity shop had a part bag for £1 - I will use what I need and return the rest of the bag for them to sell again - everyone's a winner! 


You will need: Beads, Pit Balls, Yarn and Children's knitting needles.  I found the children's knitting needle a little expensive - yes lovely colours but at over a £1 a pair it wasn't going to happen - I asked in the charity shop, god I love charity shops, and decided to op for knitting hooks - I think they are called sock needles but having never used one I'm not actually sure - but I got 14 needles for £1 - Bonus!!!



Cover your ball with wool - any colour of your choosing - some of mine was odds purchased from the charity shop - some was the wool I purchased at Yarndale - my bargain £1 a ball wool!


Attached your beads to the end of your needle - skip this part if you have purchased proper knitting needles.


Ta Dah.......



Just need to add my loop and attach to a tree.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you should send anything back to the charity shop until you have discussed an actual public yarn bombing with some quirky friends.......

    ReplyDelete