Tuesday 2 April 2013

Best laid plans....

Easter has been and gone - however the sewing machine remained packed, the weekend bag remained packed and sadly I remained in bed!!  Four days of sleep, a little bit of daytime  TV, a little bit of crochet, no voice, Weetabix for two days and enough paracetamol for the whole of the UK.  I was hit hard with a virus, which laid me up for most of the six days we had planned.  On the forth day I still didn't feel well enough for the drive to the coast so a decision to stay put was made.  On the fifth day I really needed to get out....off to Morden Hall Park.  Wrapped up very warm with hat, gloves, vest etc..... couldn't face the walk so hopped on the bus.
 
And a great 2 hours.....it really lifted my spirit.
 
















 
One final item to cheer the ill person up ...... that's me of course!!!
 
 
And then back home to bed with hot tea......and sadly D joined me - having picked up the same virus looking after me..... next holiday planned for July!!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry your plans went awry :(

    Does it help to know I'm jealous of your windmill?

    ReplyDelete