Sunday 4 August 2013

Time and Motion Study....

I have been asked several times now about the amount of time I spend 'crafting'.  My reply is 'not a lot' - but I do try and fit in something when I have time free - be it 10 minutes or an hour.  I also do try and do a few hours on a Saturday (the only day I class as mine - although this is also my day for washing, cleaning, shopping, paperwork etc etc).

So...... here we go, a time and motion study for crafting hours by Creative Carole.

Total hours this week: 168
Total hours at Work: 50
Total hours Sleeping: 54
Total hours Travelling: Work (4 hrs) Social (4 hrs)


Leaving me with 56 hours to 'play' - wow 56 hours - great - I could do a whole double quilt in 56 hours - but I have a feeling life is going to get in the way!!

Sunday - AM - 2 Hours

Sewing my rows together on a baby quilt - boarders - sandwich together - quilt all squares and half the circles.



Sunday - Local Fate BH 3 hours



Sunday - PM - 1 Hour

Finish quilting circles and bind.



Sunday - Cut lawn & oil new cutting board 1 hour -  Swimming 1 hour



Sunday Evening  (Late) - 1/2 hour

Wash dyed fabric - anything Yellow, Red or Orange - rinse and put in washing machine.



Monday - Blog QQ 1/2 hour lunch time.

Monday Evening - . 1 Hour

Washing remaining fabric from Saturday



Monday Evening - 2 hours - fixing desktop computer

Tuesday - Blog QQ 3/4 hour lunch time. Blog CC 1/4 hour lunch time

Tuesday Evening - . 1 Hour

Sinking ends while watching New Tricks



Tuesday Evening - 2 hours - transferring stuff from desktop to laptop!

Wednesday - Blog 1/2 Hour Lunch Time

Wednesday evening - Drinking and a meal with friends...



Thursday Evening 2 hours with HW

Sewing Binding


And comparing my thread with HW dyed fabric from last weekend!


Friday Swimming and a meal with D

Saturday Morning 1 hour

Sewing binding


Saturday afternoon - Hair, make up and wedding reception




And the answer to the question - for this week - my creative time amounts to : 8.5 hours

So the conclusion of this study - not enough time - and a little bit of motion. I don't think I spend a great deal of time crafting - certainly not as much as I would like - however - I know when a deadline is near the cleaning gets put on hold and D gets his own tea!

BUT I think the question I really should have been asked this week - what do I do with the other 47.5 hours of disposable time I have. That's a whole UFO a week that I could be doing!

2 comments:

  1. Just what the doctor ordered - thanks for the time and motion study - what I realise is that I quilt much slower than you! :-)
    EL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daren't try this exercise.....terrified ot acknowledge all the crafting hours I waste at work!!! :(

    ReplyDelete