Friday 9 August 2013

Diddy Dotty Cot Quilt: Ta Dah

You wait ages for a little one to appear and then they all come at once!!  First we had a future QQ arrive last Sunday 21st July - little baby Alice first Grand Daughter for HS - and if we don't make a quilter out of her before she's 18 then we have not done our jobs properly!  Then of course the Royal Baby - Prince George and last but not least little baby Emily born on Wednesday 24th July. 

Luckily for me - only one is to receive a little quilted cot quilt. Little Baby Emily.  The pattern I have used has been taken from Super Quick Colourful Quilts by Rosemary Wilkenson - Page 70



With my pile of requested pastels, off I set selecting the necessary fabric....


Pieces cut in one evening, 


Pieces joined into rows during my quilting evening with HW, and the rows joined together Sunday morning.


Boarders added at the same time....


No template needed when you have a wonderful mug to hand!


Commence quilting ......


And before you know it - all quilted and binding on....... 




Ta Dah......



I always try and label my quilts - so when I become a world famous quilter when I'm old, people can say they have an original (lol and anyway when I wake up from my dream.....). I have a wonderful poem I add to the baby quilts, can't remember where it came from but think it was a fellow QQ who found it.  It has to be added to any baby quilt produced!


IT'S YOUR QUILT
Nancy Riddell

* * *
It's OK if you sit on your quilt
It's OK if your bottle gets spilt
If you swallow some air
And you burp, don't despair;
It's OK if you spit on your quilt
There are scraps old and new on your quilt,
Put together for you on your quilt.
If your gums feel numb
'Cause your teeth haven't come,
It's OK if you chew on your quilt

We expect you to lie on your quilt.
If you hurt, you can cry on your quilt.
On a cold, rainy night,
Don't you fret, you're all right,
You'll be snug, warm and dry on your quilt 

* * *


Welcome to the world, little Alice, little Emily and little George - I hope the world treats you all well and you all get everything you dream of.


No comments:

Post a Comment