Sunday 24 February 2013

Birthday Blooms: Ta Dah


Last year a decision was made to start using up some scraps - ask any quilter and they will have bags of scraps left over from making quilts.  I decided to combine my love of English Patchwork with these said scraps.

As my friend A had a 'big' birthday coming up I decided a cushion was needed to decorate her living room.  Purple was her favourite colour so therefore the purple tub came out to play!




Now this is where I made it up to before we (the QQ) hijacked our friends C's idea to make hand quilted wholecloth cushions ... Each of us in our little group making one cushion.  Birthday Cushions


But, having started the cushion, I decided to dig out the front and finish for this years birthday - after all, the hard work had been done!


Embellishment on the front.... stalks for the flowers..... buttons for the flower centres....


Back, zip and a final bow.....

Ta Dah.....Birthday Blooms

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely brilliant! You are so creative Carole,

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete