Monday 28 January 2013

Spriiiiiiiing..... maybe, possibly, wishing

I know in my heart it is wayyyyyyy too early for spring, but stepping out Sunday morning to hunt out some parsnips for the Sunday Roast it felt sooooo like a spring morning!!

The sun was shining, the sky was blue. I had to undo my winter coat and take off my hat!  After a week of snow and very cold weather it was a real delight.



Love seeing the bulbs trying to come up - its a sign that the sunshine is not far away!


Slightly alarmed by the amount of water sitting in some of the fields....



Parsnips were found.....and one or two other goodies....







Even more alarming was the amount of water in the rife behind our houses.....best not think about it too much.... bulbs....concentrate on the bulbs....



And the sight of the first snowdrops!!!


Just a little bit of Creative Carole over the weekend....trying to decide which method to use for a wedding quilt I'm making...  the quick way with full arcs or the better use of my fabrics using scraps to make the arc....


And binding my cloth for the drawers - all finished and in place!!



Sunday afternoon was filled with eating, drinking, much laughter (at one point I did actually think I may wet myself!) and birthday celebrations for L.  A great weekend!  I soooo wish they were longer.

1 comment:

  1. If it comes to a vote - the blue pieced arc gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete